Monday, September 14, 2015

Renaissance Hunt Revisited

Hiya everyone! I still feel like I have been traveling back through time, visiting so many lovely stores from The Renaissance Hunt V and admiring the designers' creativity. Not just the prizes, but the stores themselves can be visual feasts that show off their personal styles. I found some terrific prizes to share tonight, hope you enjoy!

The prize from Feyline Fashions (#046) made me feel very elegant, and particularly with all the added touches of accessories. The outfit is named Lady Francise, and includes the system layer shirt and pants, flexi skirt and sleeves, separate train so you can go with or without, the lovely necklace, and the Hennin hat. There are even slippers, not shown but included. I have been doing some googling, and red in that era signified royalty and high social status which explains why it has been featured in so many of the prizes :)

For something more down to earth, we have the lovely prize #066 from COVETED! With its underbust corset and off the shoulder styling, this dress called Sami Corseted Dress is a perfect choice for roleplaying as a pretty peasant or simply giving off a boho vibe. Come to think of it, I think Cinderella probably dressed this way before meeting her prince.

Rainy Fey Creations has provided this amazing Eliquorn Gown as prize #071, and included a note saying that it is a fantasy gown rather than strictly Renaissance but can be worn without the horn and with a different skirt to be more accurate. Personally I like it this way! It includes a system layer bodice and sleeve ends (glove layer), the sleeve puffs, the mesh skirt in standard sizes, and that intriguing unicorn horn which is glowing so enchantingly on my brow. There is an Omega applier for the bodice, and I am only now realizing that Slink parts were recently updated to be compatible with Omega appliers so I think I might have actually been able to use that Omega applier...oh dear, sorry about that, I know my wrists are looking a bit rough.

Another regal red delight, this gown is from Inaras Fantasy Couture and is #073. It actually is named Renaissance Royalty Gown, and how amazing is that texturing? It looks like we could feel the embroidery if we were to touch it, and I am soooo fond of those pointed sleeves that add flair without being intrusive. This beauty is provided in standard mesh sizes, so you should find a beautiful fit without any hassle.

Nail note of the night: I went with a previous group gift from PS Nails called Art Deco Deep Set, which comes with 4 colors for Slink fingers and toes. There is a subtle texture to them, but it's still pretty much a solid color and I figured less is more for historical purposes. I'm not trying to be strictly accurate, but this just felt right. Their group is free to join, and with the tag you can click both Midnight Manias, a mini mania, and a raffle board to win $200L. There is also a lucky board if you look along the same wall as the entrance door, above the plantpets boxes. Good luck!!

I am having one of those days where RL is trying to take over all of my SL time with mundane household chores like grocery lists, so I will delight in the alternate reality of SL later :) No groceries, no laundry, we get to enjoy what we choose and mainly because we have chosen it. Oh well, it's credits time, so I bid you a good night and send magpie hugs to each of you!!

Credits:
All Prizes from The Renaissance Hunt V:

Photo 1:

Dress: Feyline Fashions *FF* Lady Francise  $0L Prize #046

Photo 2:

Dress: COVETED! Sami Corseted Dress in Teal  $0L Prize #066

Photo 3:

Dress: Rainy Fey Creations RFC-Eliquorn Gown for Women  $0L Prize #071

Photo 4:

Dress: Inaras Fantasy Couture - Renaissance Royalty Gown  $0L Prize #073


Nails: PS Nails~ Art Deco Deep Set  Slink Applier  (Previous Group Gift)

Hair: TRUTH HAIR Ishya- gingers

Skin: .::WoW Skins::. GG SEPT 2015 V2 Gardenia Tan CL
Lips: [:T:] Parted lips {free from TULI skins} Parted lips 1  $0L Marketplace
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female High

No comments:

Post a Comment