Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Hiya everyone! Greetings from someone who should be in a food coma right now ;) I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and if you celebrate I hope you enjoyed yours too. I visited a small sim hunt this morning that had just started, the Country Christmas Angel Hunt, and found some cute prizes to share with you tonight. You are looking for 15 little angels along a pathway and in the snow, and they look like they'd be ideal tree toppers. They're filled with a variety of clothing (including at least 2 for the guys) and a few prizes of holiday decor. Here are a few examples of what I found...

First we have the dress found in prize #2, called Ruffle Party Mesh in green. Usual mesh sizes are included, and I really like the color and subtle pattern.

This prize made me think of celebrating Christmas in a tropical paradise instead of the usual cold and possibly snowy holidays I usually enjoy in RL. This is prize #4, Red Ruffle Mesh Swimwear and also comes in several mesh sizes. The color is festive, but suitable for every season.

A bit more appropriate for the weather here lately, not that weather matters in SL of course, is this White Knit Dress from angel #13. The texture is very realistic, and the style would work well with leggings or jeans as a long sweater if you prefer.

My last look for the night is a very pretty strapless dress from prize #13, simply called Christmas dress. Standard mesh sizes are included, and the cheery color is appropriate for many different occasions, not just Christmas. I really like the gently draped chain and metal studs for added interest.

Nail note of the night: I am wearing another group gift from Livia, their September Slink HUD of frosted nails in several colors. There are others available at the store too, and the group is free to join. You know I can't resist a pretty manicure and especially the free ones :)

I am very grateful for the day I've had, my favorite family members and delicious food like smoked turkey and Italian wedding soup (mom's side of the family is Italian and we never knew it was even called Italian wedding soup until it became popular at local restaurants, hehe, but it's been one of many parts of our Thanksgiving for several decades) so a mixture of cultures and experiences show up in our meal. Lots to be thankful for and I don't take it for granted. Meanwhile the Christmas season is clearly showing up, ready or not, so I hope you are ready for lots of red and green! Magical magpie hugs to each of you!!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Country Christmas Angel Hunt:

Photo 1:
Dress: Ruffle party mesh dress-GREEN  $0L Prize #2

Photo 2:
Swimsuit: Red Ruffle Mesh Swimwear  $0L Prize #4

Photo 3:
Dress: White Knit Dress  $0L Prize #13

Photo 4:

Dress: Christmas Dress  $0L Prize #11

Nails: LIVIA_Frosted Nails-Sept2015-GroupGift [Slink/Omega]  $0L Group Gift (Free to Join)

Hair: TRUTH Freya- gingers
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. Star GG JULY Tan CL
Lips: [:T:] Parted lips {free from TULI skins} Parted lips 1  $0L Marketplace
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female High

No comments:

Post a Comment