Thursday, August 17, 2023

FLF Birthday Bash

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I'm delighted to invite you to the FLF Birthday Bash '23, which is the 14th birthday celebration of the Fifty Linden Fridays sales event. It is such an impressive milestone to reach, out of the 20 years that SL has been around, so of course I was excited to be able to share some treats with all of you :) Naturally the name of the event comes into play with a bounty of $50L offers, deeply discounted from the original retail price of these creations, and for the birthday bash you can join their free group if not already a member and claim lots of wonderful gifts. These are at each display in a purple skateboard, just click each one you see and receive your group gift :) You can't miss the bold purple color, and most are set to the group tag but a couple were for sale for $0L available to all visitors. Every time an event celebrates a birthday or anniversary, it leads me to marvel at their longevity and I get a little SL-sentimental from all the amazing memories.


Do you want to believe? Our gift from *NeverWish* certainly does! It is their I Want to Believe Crop Top, which says exactly that (I want to believe) in white across a fading X so possibly a reference to X-Files, yet I feel that it can apply to many things if we so choose :) It fits Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn mesh bodies. Of course I needed a lower portion of the outfit, so I gratefully slipped into the PROMAGIC Ananda Skirt Yellow gift. I feel like that sunny hue is having quite a moment lately, and this flirty miniskirt is a particularly bright shade of yellow that draws attention just as much as that cheeky rear view ;) There are sizes for Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Reborn, and J-Rolls included. For many destinations you will need some undies for modesty, and for this combo I'd go with black to match the shirt.


Next I kept the sassy skirt on but changed tops, showing you both of the cheezu. 2023 FLF B-BASH GIFT options. Their hera top comes in versions a (left) and b (right), fun cow prints with a dainty bow at the center of the neckline. Each of those will fit Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn mesh bodies with ease. I am a fan of just about all animal prints as nods to nature, so these were instant favorites.


It amused me that Lady Marmalade came on the 70s music channel I have on, just as I start describing this pair of gifts that are both worthy of a sexy power ballad :) The top is our Vague. Jadori Top gift, which comes in sizing for Kupra, Kupra Squeezed Corset, Legacy, Reborn, and Reborn Juicy bodies (no Maitreya, so I swapped back to Legacy body before starting to take the photos). There is also a HUD that lets us pick from 14 wonderful colors, so the gathered tube top is as versatile as it is alluring. Then I tried on the delicate Asteria"Juhi"Panties-Purple gift, whose wings in the front made me think of a golden snitch because of the roundness of the fabric beneath it. There are Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, and Maitreya sizes of this thong styled panty in my favorite color.


Leave it to Entice to remind us that summer is time to be sexy with their charming Malibu Bikini v2 - Smoke gift! The itty bitty top and bottoms each come in Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Petite mesh body sizes, with a great texture on this tiny triangles of wispy plumes of smoke on a dark background. Please pass the sunscreen!


The evening's final look is a gift paired with a sales item for a playful combination. The dress is our Raquel Dress gift from ELEVEN, whose sassy cat on the front elicited quite a chuckle when I zoomed in. The short t-shirt style dress has built in panties, and is included in sizes for Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn bodies. Of course I had to share a closeup so you could see what I was laughing at :) Then I added the Entice - Walking On Sunshine Sandals Set - Pinks for a pop of color, one of 8 sets available (Blues, Coastal, Desert, Earth, Mono, Pink, Reds, and Sunset) at the birthday bash for $50L apiece. If you really want them all, via fatpack, it is also discounted at $299L so it's like getting two of them for free. I used the Blues set for the closer view inset, just for added variety. The sandals come in Gen X, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn sizing, with a HUD that offers 3 main colors plus two (black or white) each for the soles and insoles. The closed toe but open heel makes me think we can easily enjoy this style year round, and the many potential colors make it a great wardrobe staple.

Hair note of the night: this is another Truth Hair collaborative effort with the brand FAGA, and an especially affordable one since it's also found at the FLF Birthday Bash for $50L per individual color pack. It is called Lonely, and has the sides pulled back on a feathery shoulder length style that reminded me of my late 80s hair. I had fun playing with the stylist tab of the HUD as well as the tinting of the hair accessory, and was glad I picked up both the blonde and redhead packs.

Another day and another virtual appointment here, as my busy week marches on. This was the family doctor, and went pretty well with lots more apologizing for the prior call she forgot to put on the schedule. We are slightly adjusting some meds and trying a couple of new things, with a lot of talk about tomorrow's first therapy session. It is both exciting and nerve-wracking for me, as any meeting with someone new can be for an introvert even without all the anxiety issues, but I am doing my best to stay positive. I have to make sure the video chat program installed properly on my ipad, and of course that it's fully charged so the session doesn't get interrupted by tech fails. As I always say and always truly mean, I hope you're all having a pleasant day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts from FLF Birthday Bash '23:

Photo 1:
Top: *NeverWish* I Want to Believe Crop Top $0L FLF Group Gift
Skirt: PROMAGIC Ananda Skirt Yellow $0L FLF Group Gift

Photo 2:
Top: cheezu. 2023 FLF B-BASH GIFT $0L FLF Group Gift

Photo 3:
Top: Vague. Jadori Top $0L FLF Group Gift
Panties: Asteria"Juhi"Panties-Purple $0L FLF Group Gift

Photo 4:
Bikini: Entice - Malibu Bikini v2 - Smoke $0L FLF Group Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: ELEVEN - Raquel Dress $0L FLF Group Gift
Shoes: Entice - Walking On Sunshine Sandals Set - Pinks $50L FLF Bash

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Collective Lonely - Blonde @ FLF Bash
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - BOWIEN cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Legacy) (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: [LEGACY] Meshbody (f) Special Edition (1.6)
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment