Saturday, August 26, 2023

Uber Anniversary

 Hiya everyone! Tonight the delightful Uber event is celebrating their 9th anniversary with free gifts for everyone with no group join necessary. Most are found at the event itself (with two cam sims in case the main one is full) in boxes with black and gold balloons tied to them, an elegant look that helps us spot them at each display. Some are at the demo area, which you can reach by clicking any sign at the event that says demo area. The third possibility is that some designers have a landmark to their main store in the gift box or from clicking a sign at their display, helping us to teleport to their stores for the gifts. I believe last year they all had the gifts at the individual stores, so this year's method might relieve some traffic at the main event's site but we still have plenty of fabulous reasons to shop there :) All of tonight's gifts are from the event itself, and I got into the main sim/region on my first try which was a pleasant surprise. Then my alt visited and there was also room for her, but I do realize that the weekends are always more crowded in SL in general so I'm providing the camera sim links too. 


My first look of the evening is the sweet NANAO // Ava Dress // 4 Sizes // Pastel gift. Its soft shade of pinkish lavender is very flattering for the sundress style, and the darker purple lace on the hem and straps is beautiful! We receive Legacy, Maitreya, Reborn, and Reborn Waifu as the four sizes mentioned in the name :) 


Next I paired two separate gifts that you can have fun wearing with anything else you wish too :) The top is our neve gift - smart which is a layered jacket and cropped top in sizing for Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn mesh bodies. We also get a handy HUD with 4 colors each for the jacket and undershirt, with options to hide the undershirt, shine, or alpha which is the slight sheerness of the undershirt. If you look really closely, I have it sheer on both sides (just look for underboob lines LOL sorry) which of course is not preferable for every destination or wearer. Generally I will wear it solid :) The adorable skirt is the gift from Valentina E. which is called Elly Olive Mini. The double placket of buttons on the front reminds me of sailor pants, while the color is similar to an army green, so apparently I'm getting military vibes times two. There are Legacy and Maitreya sizes included, and I like the length being short but not micro mini while the waistline is low without being excessive either :) Flirty but still very wearable, if that makes sense.


The sizzling Seniha. Astere Dress // White gift has eye-catching eyelet fabric on the front with a solid rear panel. It fits Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn mesh bodies, and the flower petal shaped openings are just revealing enough that panties beneath would be a good idea but the nips are hidden between the openings. I never mention these things in a judgmental way, but just to inform those who are curious or concerned about modesty to any degree :) When I'm out and about in SL, I personally want those bits covered at all times but am not pearl-clutching over anyone who doesn't do the same, as long as the rules of the destination are fine with it.


I combined two treats again for one stunning look here. The bodysuit is our [The Forge] Luna, Strawberry gift, deep red with a slight blue tint that has a mix of solid and lace panels. I love the intricate straps! The gift includes sizing for eBody, eBody Juicy Boobs, Legacy, Perky, and Maitreya bodies. Then I added our .:Vegas:. Tattoo Applier Taira unisex treat, which consists of BOM layers as well as the aforementioned appliers, for Altamura, Belleza, Legacy, Maitreya, Omega, Signature, and Slink bodies. Each of those offer dark, medium, and light options, which I've gone with the dark to make it show up best in photos I hope ;) The artwork on both full sleeves is impressive, and I am sure someone multilingual out there could tell you better than I what the wording at the top says. 


My final look of the night is the Kaithleen's gift called Nevada Dress - Smoke. The dusky bluish-gray color of the solid portion is a fun neutral to complement or contrast with your choice of 20 colors each for the edging and the sheer section. There are also 4 metal options for the bold zipper in the back, so this is one versatile goodie! The dress itself comes in sizes for eBody Curvy, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Reborn, and Reborn Juicy Boobs. I can tell that this will look fantastic on the curvier body types too, just an instinct telling me that :) My shape is fairly small compared to what I generally see out and about, so I do wonder sometimes if you're all able to tell how things will look on fuller figures. That is a good reason to demo any purchase beforehand, now that I think about it.

Whew, what a week! It wasn't all bad, just all busy with extra helpings of chaos here and there. Dinner was a trip down memory lane, looking at my grandma's old photos from the 40s - 60s so before my time. I recognized some of the faces but had to ask about some relatives or old family friends I probably never met. My mom was an adorable little girl, and her little brother looked like a baby doll when he was an infant :) I should be able to relax for a few days before things get hectic again midweek, yay adulting? I have more Uber gifts to share soon, which I am looking forward to since there are many more lovely ones to see. I hope you all have an amazing weekend ahead, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from Uber 9th Anniversary:

Photo 1:
Dress: NANAO // Ava Dress // 4 Sizes // Pastel $0L Uber Gift

Photo 2:
Top: neve gift - smart $0L Uber Gift
Skirt: Valentina E. Elly Olive Mini $0L Uber Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: Seniha. Astere Dress // White $0L Uber Gift

Photo 4:
Bodysuit: [The Forge] Luna, Strawberry $0L Uber Gift
Tattoo: .:Vegas:. Tattoo Applier Taira $0L Uber Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: Kaithleen's Nevada Dress - Smoke $0L Uber Gift

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Valiant - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - BOWIEN cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment