Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Smoke and Mirrors

Wednesday greetings! I named my post after the dress I'm showing you today, but I've also realized that almost everything I'm wearing is a group gift, odd coincidence but fun. The dress is from LaVian and CO, which is the rebrand of LivGlam who closed down around the end of the year. They have several gifts available at the moment, and I chose to feature this one today as I was drawn to the cutouts in the sleeves and the beautiful colors. The hair is also a group gift, from Little Bones, and I have to admit when I first tried it on it reminded me of Laura Prepon...the color I gravitate towards, that would be her That 70's Show days, but the black before I used the HUD to change it was definitely her Orange Is The New Black look. My little ankle boots, which coincidentally matched the dress remarkably well, are a fun type of group gift from Pure Poison. Their gifts are in gacha machines, when you wear your group tag you click the blue version of the gacha and receive a random gift (I got lucky enough to get the rare on that style), whereas if you wish to try for more styles or aren't in the group, you pay $50 to the green gacha machine and you'll get a random style. There are several available right now, look around the store for pairs of gachas and I wish you good luck!!


Here is a look at the HUD that comes with the dress, so you can see the other color combinations you can wear this fantastic dress in...




Finally I'd like to show you a closer view of my nails, which will also give you a better glimpse of the texture of the dress, the hair, and the skin I've been wearing. It made me feel so glamorous! 




The nail polish is a former group gift from Glaze, and even though it's not currently available I can say they are quite generous with both their own free-to-join group and the free SLF&O group. Right now they are offering 2 gifts for each group, and they change them pretty often so it's worth checking frequently. Well, on to the credits, wishing you all joy and magic!

Credits:
Dress: [LaVian&C0] F/W2015 Smoke & Mirrors $0L Group Gift ($99L group join fee)
Hair: little bones. Horrowshow full gift $0L Group Gift ($100L group join fee)
Shoes: Pure Poison - Ilya Boots Funky (Rare) for Slink High $0L Group Gift Gacha, FREE to join Group
Nails: Glaze Gridlocked Slink Nail Huds, previous group gift no longer available
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. JULY GG 2013 CL (Previous Group Gift, still available but group currently $350L join)

No comments:

Post a Comment