Monday, December 25, 2023

Frost-E-Fest Treats

 Hiya everyone! Tonight on this quiet holiday eve, I am happy to be here sharing some gifts with all of you :) The Frost-E-Fest shopping event is running until the end of the month I believe, and there are lots of booths with presents wrapped in blue and red paper with red ribbons which contain free gifts for all visitors. The majority were in the outer ring of the event, so be sure to check the inner portion then walk through any of the 4 openings (one on each side of the square) to head out to the larger outside ring of displays. Everything is decorated beautifully, and the offerings are generally winter themed but not restricted to it so you never know what you'll find in your explorations. Isn't that generally true anywhere in SL though? The mysteries keep us hopping :)


My first look is the lovely La Feminique - Cozy outfit, consisting of the sweater, scarf, and panty liners in black and white versions. Each piece fits Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies, and we can easily wear as few or as many of the separates as we wish for a variety of combos. I think in the chilliest weather, I'm slipping on some jeans instead of just the little panty provided ;) How cute is that image on the front of the sweater? I never made many snowmen myself, but have fond memories of seeing other people's creations each winter and occasionally spotting the artists at work.


I really appreciate the year-round appeal of the ::HAUS OF FAUXBERRY:: Sophia Sweater [GIFT], with bare shoulders and midriff but long full sleeves for a range of suitable seasons. There are sizes for Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Khara, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Lara X, Reborn, Juicy Boobs, and Waifu mesh bodies included in this thoughtful gift. 


Another wonderful top I found among the event gifts would be this layered ...:::Beautiful Dirty Rich:::... Nicki - Sweater & Tank Top treat. The off-shoulder sweater and knit tank top are each provided in Erika, Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh body sizes, both cropped and flirty :) There is also a HUD inside, with 20 colors for each piece, as well as 3 texture options for the tank top that adjust the transparency - sheer, sharp, or solid. You could wear this with just about any pants or skirt imaginable, but as I'm in a casual mood I went with the white pair of jeans from the Delizio marketplace fatpack, an amazing free gift I found there years ago and have gotten tons of mileage from ever since.


It is such fun to wear clothing in SL that has a knit sweater texture but is much more playful and revealing than a heavy sweater would be, like the 1 Hundred. Warmth Mini. Strawberry gift seen here :) The pattern says winter, while the strapless styling says we don't need to be bundled up to generate heat! It comes in sizes for Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn mesh bodies. 


My final look of the evening has just the right amount of shimmer for New Year's Eve, if you ask me :) It's our Syntilla Dress gift from Witch In A Box, which caught my eye immediately with the starry pattern and flirty neckline. We receive Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya mesh body sizes, along with a HUD that lets us choose from 4 similarly lovely patterns like the two seen above. I think the golden look on the right made me think of next week, just right for champagne and fireworks, yet there is something timeless about the overall look :) 

It is past midnight here so I can officially wish all of you a very Merry Christmas :) I know it's not quite Monday in SL yet, but I expect it will be by the time many of you read this. I also acknowledge that not everyone chooses to celebrate this particular holiday, either for religious reasons or complicated family stuff, and to any of you in that boat I apologize if my holiday wishes touch a nerve and reassure that I still wish you a wonderful day as always ♥. My celebration is secular and about time with family, so while I was unable to attend the Christmas Eve gathering at my grandma's (dang panic attacks) I did a quick video call with my grandma and my cousins. Both cousins and both of their wives were there, and the younger brother said they all missed me very much, which almost made me cry. I'm okay, and I am ready to make pizza at my parents' in the afternoon for my family's weird but fun Christmas Day tradition. I haven't decided yet if I will be blogging tomorrow evening or not, as it mostly depends on how long I'm at my parents' and how much sleep I get beforehand, so it will be a surprise to all of us I guess ;) Many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from Frost-E-Fest Event:

Photo 1:
Outfit: La Feminique - Cozy $0L Event Gift

Photo 2:
Top: ::HAUS OF FAUXBERRY:: Sophia Sweater [GIFT] $0L Event Gift

Photo 3:
Top: ...:::Beautiful Dirty Rich:::... Nicki - Sweater & Tank Top $0L Event Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: 1 Hundred. Warmth Mini. Strawberry $0L Event Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: Witch In A Box - Syntilla Dress $0L Event Gift

Pants Photos 2&3: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in White) $0L Marketplace

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Levitate - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment