Thursday, December 14, 2023

Shop and Hop Forsythia

 Hiya everyone! Tonight's post features some gifts you can find on the Forsythia region of the Holiday Shop & Hop event. That is one of 16 regions filled with talented designers (20 apiece for a grand total of 320!) offering discounted sales items and gifts for all visitors. I am always tickled pink, well this time of year it's probably tickled red and green LOL, to explore the shopping areas and indulge in some bargain hunting. We do deserve to treat ourselves well this time of year, and I appreciate having so many brands in one location to tempt us with familiar favorites or some who are brand new to me. 


My first look of the evening is the adorable *katat0nik* (Maitreya) Yeti Sweater Outfit, a one-piece layering of sweater and knit shorts whose name ensures you won't forget which body it fits. That is the original Lara from Maitreya, she of immense popularity :) The yeti has some super cute rubber ducky friends, and the snowflakes have little hearts in their centers for added kawaii flavor. Instant favorite thanks to the cute factor, and there is something fun about wearing shorts with a sweater. 


If you were afraid that all the gifts would be Christmas or Winter themed, let me reassure you with the [GIULIADESIGN] -ALOMA- treat seen here. This lovely outfit consists of the top, skirt, and panties each in sizing for Freya, Isis, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya mesh bodies. The strapless top and high waisted mini skirt are both straining at their buttons enough that a couple seem to have popped open, so it's a good thing we have the panties as a modesty option :) I definitely appreciate having both of my favorite colors included in this outfit, in very pretty pastel versions of each.


Don't leave the [GIULIADESIGN] display too quickly or you might miss their other gift, this wonderful -TIKA-WHITE-BLUE! Believe it or not, this one is worn as one single piece, so our top, belt, and jeans are all linked together. It comes in Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh body sizes, and I was drawn to the bare shoulder top style as well as the many pockets on the jeans that would put the fun in functional.


Next we see the Miamai_Carla Bodysuit_Crimson gift, which is provided in several different BOM layer versions so you can choose your favorite look. The bodysuit alone, or with light stockings (on the right above), medium stockings, or dark stockings (left) each have versions with or without shadows. I believe I chose the shadow version for the dark, and without on the right for the light stockinged set. That will be handy if you're layering atop a tattoo that would be affected by the shadow. It is terrific when creators offer plenty of options so we can decide what suits our second life the best :)


For my final look tonight, I couldn't resist the !PCP:: Mia Shirt [Present] from Pink Cream Pie. The front reads "Gonna go lay under the tree to remind my family that I'M THE GIFT", with a present on one side and decorated tree on the other to really accentuate the saying. It fits Legacy, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn bodies, while sending a playful message to your SL family :) The shirt itself is crafted beautifully too, cropped with a peaked front that is not quite a sharp point down the front but just extends a bit. The long sleeves are great for this time of year, and I wore my white Delizio jeans from their generous marketplace gift that appears here quite frequently. 

After an intense kind of day, I am preparing for my dental visit tomorrow which is only my third time going anywhere other than my parents' (a few blocks away) since the agoraphobia resurfaced this summer. The abject fear is hard to describe, but my teeth don't deserve to be neglected again like I did from that phobia many years ago. I trust everyone in this dental office, as they've all been very kind and compassionate to me over the years, and I'm more worried about the car ride to and from than the visit itself which will be obscured by nitrous ;) The nitrous grogginess is the reason I am taking the evening off from blogging tomorrow, as I usually do after a dentist visit, so I'll be back Friday with my next post. Meanwhile I wish you all the very best, beautiful days/evenings, and send lots of magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from Holiday Shop & Hop - Forsythia Region:

Photo 1:
Outfit: *katat0nik* (Maitreya) Yeti Sweater Outfit $0L Shop&Hop Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: [GIULIADESIGN] -ALOMA- $0L Shop&Hop Gift            

Photo 3:
Outfit: [GIULIADESIGN] -TIKA-WHITE-BLUE $0L Shop&Hop Gift

Photo 4:
Outfit: Miamai_Carla Bodysuit_Crimson $0L Shop&Hop Gift

Photo 5:
Top: Pink Cream Pie !PCP:: Mia Shirt [Present] $0L Shop&Hop Gift
Pants: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in White) $0L Marketplace

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Friday - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment