Saturday, December 30, 2023

The Shopping District

 Hiya everyone! Tonight my mood was calling for variety, so I am sharing several different gifts for The Shopping District group. It is free to join, and there are many designers who take part by notifying the group about their special offers and sales. Most also offer a gift at their stores for anyone wearing the TSD group tag, so those are what I picked up to show you in this post :) I feel like shopping is one of those essential aspects of SL just like in RL, whether you think of it as a necessity from time to time or it is a hobby to which you are quite devoted, so information on where to shop for the best merch and at the best times (sales!) is always helpful. Some of us are looking to buy fashions, others home decor because the urge to redecorate one's living space can hit frequently, and some are trying to find the right look for our avatar so things like skins, shapes, makeup, and eyes are going to be the most tempting. Whatever it is that you dream of, I hope The Shopping District guides you to find it :)


For my first look, I visited {Le'La}, who always manage to tempt me with their versatile fashions. This is their Laury Dress Gift for TSD group, with a daring high-low hem whose peak in the front goes aaaaalll the way up ;) Then the back trails off into a small train, so this is as much drama coming as it is going! There are sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies, as well as a HUD with 5 colors to choose from. Each hue is a light color of the floral pattern that is etched on a very dark background, reminding me of a chalkboard only much more elegant :) I know there's a type of art that looks like this, but its name and details are escaping me. 


For a distinct change of pace, we can also claim the charming CF*Malawi 0520 gift from ~CAROLA~. They used to be called Caramelo de Fresa, which explains the CF part of this sweet outfit's name :) Our dress fits Altamura, Freya, Isis, Venus, eBody Classic, eBody Curvy, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh bodies, while the shoes are designed for Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink High feet. We receive a HUD for each as well, with 12 colors for the dress and 17 for the shoes so we can do lots of mixing and matching. The bow and lacy trim really give this look an ultra feminine feel, which often suits my mood perfectly.


Next we have a sexy little black dress, courtesy of Fatal Fashion. Their ::FF:: Dress Ema Black gift includes sizing for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. The strapless style has triangular darts on the sides to reveal just enough without being too much, if you catch my drift :) We definitely need a C-string (strapless panties) beneath this shorty of a dress, and I think the accessories we choose can really make a huge difference between dressy or more casual.


I've had enough of the cold weather and need a tropical vacation, so who's with me? :) First you'll need to grab this Graffitiwear April Dress gift of course, because vacations deserve new clothing and the price can't be beat. This dress wears as one piece with the appearance of two very tiny ones, in 4 classic fitmesh sizes as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh body sizes. The colorful fabric puts me in mind of the beach as much as the style does, anywhere warm and breezy. 


For my final look of the evening, I shimmied into the flirtatious *Gloss* Sharon Dress - GIFT. This mini dress with halter neck is a very pretty beige that is basically nude skintone for me, and will be quite flattering on darker skin hues as well I'm sure :) Because of that similarity though, I cannot tell if the sides are sheer or just the center panel. There are sizes for Belleza Gen X Classic, Belleza Gen X Curvy, Erika, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh bodies provided in this generous gift.

Whew, what a day! I wasn't expecting us to do the pizza making that we couldn't on Christmas Day, yet my parents randomly decided we should. However, they ran out of time to make the dough themselves when my dad got a phone call from his barber to come in one last time before the barber retires today. That's the third sudden retirement or business ending I've heard of around here recently, so it's starting to freak me out a bit. We wound up using 2 different types of pizza crusts, one cauliflower and I have no idea what the other was (frozen), but the cauliflower one burned pretty badly despite following the package's instructions. The other one seemed to not agree with me, and I'm unfortunately not the only one, so my stomach is not very happy with me at the moment. My hair smells like tomato and smoke, LOL, like when my mom opened the oven and all that smoke poured out it smelled like someone blew out 100 birthday cake candles. The kitchen had a smoky haze that didn't go away yet by the time I left either, so it was an unexpected adventure. Is it bedtime yet? *yawn* I have another 7 or 8 hours before that happens, so I'd better wrap this up ;) I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Dress: {Le'La} Laury Dress Gift $0L TSD Group Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: ~CAROLA~ CF*Malawi 0520 $0L TSD Group Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: Fatal Fashion ::FF:: Dress Ema Black $0L TSD Group Gift

Photo 4:
Outfit: Graffitiwear April Dress $0L TSD Group Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: *Gloss* Sharon Dress - GIFT $0L TSD Group Gift

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Levitate - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment