Thursday, June 6, 2024

Marketplace Magic

 Hiya everyone! Tonight's post is perfect for when you don't want to teleport anywhere (or as occasionally happens, cannot TP safely) but still want to do some shopping and freebie gathering. All of the fashions seen here can be found on the SL marketplace, which is such a handy resource for checking out stores who do not have an inworld presence at this time, or tend to be very crowded so you find it easier to just pop open a web browser and shop while chatting with friends or watching videos, enjoying a podcast, whatever floats your boat :) Searching on the marketplace is fairly easy, and you can adjust your results on the left side to narrow things down. I tend to use "gift NOT demo" as my beginning search string, and it does eliminate some demos but not all, same with the checkboxes on the left to leave out limited editions and demos. Their search results have improved over the years for sure, and I appreciate it when I need something in a hurry and can't remember what store I'd need to visit.


My first look of the evening is our fuayu Qipao red(Legacy female) gift. The name tells you exactly which body it fits, and this beautiful dress is adorned with an image of a butterfly visiting lovely flowers on the front of the split skirt. The neckline is a real head-turner too, and I am dazzled by the sheen of the fabric. It's hard to imagine this is free, but I promise it is!


Another don't-miss gift is the HU Frost Dress_Pastel Pink !! from [Have Unequal]. This treat is convertible, as the HUD lets you choose from dress or top. The unpacker HUD offers eBody Reborn, Legacy, Maitreya, and Petite mesh body sizing, with each delivered in a folder that contains the clothing and a HUD. That has 21 color choices for the edges, 35 for the sleeves, 21 for the panties, 21 for the belt, and 5 metals. There are also some wintry holiday images you can choose to add to the top, just adding to the incredible versatility found here. 


I am always tickled to find new-to-me designs, like this Odd Doll. Nivia Dress Purple with a peekaboo belly button opening and shrug/tank dress combo appearance. It fits Legacy, Maitreya, Reborn, and Waifu mesh bodies, with a HUD to select from 5 metals for that fun heart that dangles into the navel. A little part of me is thinking "of course we love it, it's purple!" so there's that aspect too ;) Not too bright, nor overly pastel, just a terrific shade of my favorite color.


I was thrilled to find two gifts from the same designer, both for the Legacy female body. This is the [Masdevallia] FREE Summer Strawberry Dress (Legacy), and I must say they really nailed it with the name referencing summer because I was immediately picturing a hot sunny day in a field full of ripe berries. The pink gingham tube style dress is so flattering, and the waistband of berries and blossoms gives us a lovely pop of red and a diagonal pattern to draw the eye.


My final look of the evening is the [Masdevallia] FREE Castilleja Gown For Legacy, and I think it's very well suited to roleplay along with being an elegant dress for many occasions. The rich eggplant color will go well with many different accessories, and the black and gold waistband makes me think that I'll be selecting golden jewelry and black shoes in the future :) These two gifts have definitely inspired me to check out the rest of their offerings too.

It was a weird day because someone in my life has a bad habit of prioritizing the wrong things, and that usually affects me as negatively as possible. It's usually about sports too, which can be hard to swallow because there are too many people out there who put certain sports above all else in life. Oh well, things are okay now and even though my therapy had to be rescheduled, I think it will be fine. It's been stormy tonight and that will continue off and on for a few more hours, so fingers crossed that my power and internet stay steady :) I hope you're all having a blissful day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Free Offers from SL Marketplace:

Photo 1:
Dress: fuayu Qipao red(Legacy female) $0L Marketplace

Photo 2:
Dress: [Have Unequal] HU Frost Dress_Pastel Pink !! $0L Marketplace

Photo 3:
Dress: Odd Doll. Nivia Dress Purple $0L Marketplace

Photo 4:
Dress: [Masdevallia] FREE Summer Strawberry Dress (Legacy) $0L Marketplace

Photo 5:
Dress: [Masdevallia] FREE Castilleja Gown For Legacy $0L Marketplace

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH VIP Moment - Essential
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. .WS. Milk NORA EVOX SKIN
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: [LEGACY] Meshbody (f) Special Edition (1.6)
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment