Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Pride At Home

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I wish all of you a Happy Pride Month with some fantastic gifts from the Pride at Home Event. The location I'm inviting you to is a city and festival where you can find rides, parties, live music shows, and of course the gifts that I'm tickled rainbow (that's like tickled pink, only much more colorful!) to share ♥. There are also dozens of $99L offers at various mainstores so be sure to peek around for landmarks and information on that if you are in the mood for some shopping for a good cause. So as a cis straight woman, why do I share Pride merchandise? That is simple and important for me to remind people...I do it to let everyone know that I am an ally and that people are safe with me. I will never judge your gender or sexuality, and there are people (friends and family members) I value deeply who are LGBT+ who also inspire me to be kind to all. The 70s child in me simply loves rainbows and always has, but the adult Dawn has a deep respect for the symbolism for this community. We're all in this wild ride of life together :)


My first look this evening is a pairing of free gifts, so I'll start with the sexy dress. It's the Skittish - Wanted Dress Pride Edition, a cinched waist strapless mini with remarkable details. There are sizes for Legacy, Lara X, Reborn, Juicy, and Waifu mesh bodies, all with matching alpha layers to help hide the midriff and give that hourglass appearance. We also receive a HUD with 20 textures as well as hide/show options for the corset and bra, both of which I've hidden on the right. Now there are buttons with colors for each of those as well, but either they aren't activated for this particular dress or SL was just being mean to me this morning. The hem is so short that I needed the tights to cover down-below-bits, so thank goodness for our +Crypt Keeper+Pride Tights+ Gift! There are 3 BOM versions called nuevo, have fun, and heart, and I adore all three :) BOM layers are so easy to wear, and I remember thinking appliers were the greatest thing since sliced cheese but at least with BOM layers you can see exactly what you're wearing by checking the worn tab of inventory, and you can add tons of layers without any interference.


This look is a pairing of multiple gifts too, showing off their versatility. The top is our Everything Indie - Free Tee, a sweet cropped t-shirt with a pride version of the logo of a group featuring indie music from all over in SL. They have male and female sizing each in black or white, and the female sizes include Erika, Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Lara X, Petite X, Reborn, and Waifu bodies. They look great with the [RED GIRL] Pride Shorts {PAH Gift}, which are cuffed denim short in sizes for Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn bodies. There are HUDs galore - asexual, bisexual, lesbian, LGBTQIA, non binary, pansexual, and transgender - each with 4 denim color options. They will give your shorts the pride flag heart of your choice on the left front, with sayings like "Born to Slay" and "Queer and Proud" on the other side. 


Yet another duo of gifts makes an appearance here, because there are so many generous designers and plenty of mix-and-match separates. The Belle Epoque - Stefany Top is a fun starry tube top that fits Lara X, Petite X, Legacy, Bombshell, Reborn, and Waifu bodies, with a HUD that offers 11 various pride flag textures like the traditional rainbow on the left and what I believe is genderqueer on the right. As for my shorts, they are the wonderful #10 Apple Blossom - Equal Shorts gift. We have black and white versions that are each designed for Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh bodies, labeled V1 and V2 so now I've forgotten which is which, lol. Apologies for that, it's been chaos lately.


Next I changed into the stunning mellowcute-PRIDEatHOME dress-love gift, which caught my eye with its rainbow stripes that are slightly softer than the traditional bold colors but not quite pastel either. The white lace trim is a perfect touch, and shows off those slits on the front of the skirt so nicely. There are Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Reborn, and Juicy mesh body sizes included. I hope you noticed the SIGMA Pride choker around my neck :) That is a great match for the hues of the dress, and it comes in Legacy, Maitreya, and unrigged versions. It reminds me of those puka shell necklaces that whisper summer and bring back lots of amusing memories.


My final look of the evening is the [ILAYA] Vilma Love is Love gift. The layered t-shirt dress has a rainbow striped band at the hem and cuffs to match the wording on the front, and built in panties. In sizes for Lara X, Petite X, Legacy, Perky, Bombshell, Reborn, and Waifu mesh bodies, it also has a HUD for the panties with 24 color choices and an on/off option. You can also turn materials off and on through the HUD, so it is quite handy :) 

Weaning off an antidepressant is rough stuff, and even though I didn't think it was fully working, my brain is reacting like a toddler when you take away their favorite toy. I've been counting the days until I stop taking this lowest dose level (25% of my highest dose) and now I'm practically ready to start counting the minutes until I can start taking the next one. It may work or it may be a disaster, lol, but either way I need to know and my brain really wants something to help it balance its chemistry. At least I got to stay home today, and I'm trying to pretend that the 4 crying jags were just natural cleansing and healing, nothing to worry about. I know I will be okay, even if this moment feels difficult, and I believe the same for anyone out there who is also struggling with absolutely anything. I hope you're all having a lovely day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from Pride At Home:

Photo 1:
Dress: Skittish - Wanted Dress Pride Edition $0L Event Gift
Tights: +Crypt Keeper+Pride Tights+ Gift $0L Event Gift

Photo 2:
Top: Everything Indie - Free Tee $0L Event Gift
Shorts: [RED GIRL] Pride Shorts {PAH Gift} $0L Event Gift

Photo 3:
Top: Belle Epoque - Stefany Top $0L Event Gift
Shorts: #10 Apple Blossom - Equal Shorts $0L Event Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: mellowcute-PRIDEatHOME dress-love $0L Event Gift
Choker: SIGMA Pride choker $0L Event Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: [ILAYA] Vilma Love is Love $0L Event Gift

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Collective / Resonate - Essential
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. .WS. Milk NORA EVOX SKIN
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: [LEGACY] Meshbody (f) Special Edition (1.6)
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment